Sunday 6 April 2014

Sunday morning reflections.


Sunday mornings are pretty great aren't they? No stress, lovely and laid backand relaxed. Perfect!
I've never really been much of a late riser, I kind of live by the idea that a lie in is a total waste of time. I'd much rather get up early on the weekend and really take my time over breakfast and multiple coffees before cracking on with my day!

I like to use my Sunday morning as a bit of time to reflect on my week. Joe's normally still tucked up in bed, so I use my bit of piece and quiet to think about what I did this week, and what I need to do next.

I had a pretty fab weekend this week. My oldest (and one of my best) friends turned 21 so I popped over to Manchester to help her celebrate in style! Most of my main friendship group were there and we had a total blast!

It's not until I came to Uni, that I really noticed how lucky I was to have a strong set of friends that I've known since school. So many people I'd met had simply drifted away from their friends, or made the choice to start afresh at Uni and not bothered seeing them anymore. I'm so glad that we all stuck together despite the fact that some of us are at Uni's that are a good hour away from each other. Uni has in general, been a bit of a crappy experience for me, so the comfort and familiarity of being able to chat to a friend I've known since I was 5 has been a real life-saver.
When you reach this age, and have been friends for so long, the relationship becomes kind of unconditional, which is such a lovely thing.

All in all we had a fantastic time celebrating Abbie's 21st. It's the first time we've managed to get a group of us together, as exams and dissertations and coursework are slowly ruining all of our lives. It was so lovely to see everyone and I can't wait to do it all again in a couple of weeks for another birthday!  Here are some snaps:








The birthday girl! Happy Birthday lovely! 

No comments :

Post a Comment