Friday 25 April 2014

My week


Image source- www.omgsocute.com


This week has felt like the longest week ever! I don't know whether it's a build up of stresses from Uni work, or what, but I'm so tired I feel like I could sleep for about a year! 
Anyhow it's been a pretty busy week, here's what I've been up to! 

The oven broke- What a nightmare!! After switching the oven on the other day to cook tea, all the electric in the house tripped out and suddenly the oven wouldn't heat up anymore. Not a happy bunny! Things in this house just keep breaking, I can't wait to get my DIY on when I've got a bit more time on my hands. 

Induction to my second job- The induction day itself was pretty standard, the usual health and safety info, contracts, payrolls etc etc. It was nice to meet the team though! Everyone seems really nice,  and I'm looking forward to getting started. The prospect of memorising 17 cocktail recipes is pretty daunting though!

Susie's tooth is almost better- Definitely dodged a large vet bill shaped bullet here! She's looking a bit more cheerful too, which is always nice to see!

Easter- We've never really celebrated Easter. It's always been in the middle of exam season, or deadline day, so we've always been pretty busy. This year was no different and Easter was filled with coursework for me, and revision for Joe. A lack of Easter eggs left things pretty low on the chocolate front, however we made up for it with copies amounts on Monday! (I discovered Cadbury Egg and Spoon- how amazing are they?!). 

Quiet moments- On Friday me and Joe went out for a wander in the sun and for coffee. It's so lovely to just take some time out from daily life to enjoy the mundane. It's surprising how relaxing it is! 

Homemade smoked bbq brisket- I can't even explain how delicious this was! I modified a recipe I found for bbq pulled pork, and the results were delicious! I'll do a recipe post for this pretty soon so keep your eyes peeled! 

New coral nail polish- Because is there anything more summery? 

How was your week? What have you been up to? :) 


No comments :

Post a Comment