Tuesday 8 April 2014

REVIEW- Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser and Balm.



I've always bitten my nails. Not the best of habits I know, but for some reason I've always done it. Maybe it's anxiety or stress, or maybe I get a bit peckish and fingernails are my snack of choice! Either way it's left me with pretty horrible looking hands.

Over the years I've spent a fortune on false nails and gel manicures in the hope of disguising the problem, but all it realistically does it give me pretty nails for 2 weeks and a very empty purse. A few weeks ago I decided it was time to embrace my natural nails and pledged to stop biting them, and finally sort them out!

My nails themselves are not too bad, its the cuticles around them that look a bit rubbish. Ragged skin is not attractive, simple! I've heard good things about cuticle oils so decided this was probably the best place to start.

I came across the Sally Hansen Cuticle Eraser and Balm during my search and thought maybe this was the product for me. Priced at around £7 its not the cheapest of nail treatments out there, but with the added benefit of cuticle removal, as well as conditioning I don't think its too bad. The product itself is pretty similar to the look and texture of a lip balm, with a lovely, fresh, cucumber scent. It also comes in a pretty pattern which is always an added bonus!



The instructions state the balm should be massaged into the cuticles until fully absorbed, which, in all honesty, is quite a difficult task. The creamy texture means it takes a while to soak in, but I found as long as the majority of it had, it seemed to work fine.

Almost immediately after use the skin around my nails, felt softer and more relaxed. It relived the soreness and tightness of my skin and left the area smooth and supple. It takes a while for the cuticles to begin to soften, however after a couple of applications it was easy to push back the cuticles and remove them leaving me with a smooth, clean nail bed.

Overall I was very happy with the quality of this product. Not only did it remove cuticles as specified, it left my skin feeling very soft and smooth, lowering the chance of sore patches and ragged areas in the future. My nails have never looked better! I can see this product becoming a handbag staple of mine.



No comments :

Post a Comment