Friday 18 April 2014

Review- Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Range.


As you know I use and love my Clinique skincare. I've had the 3 step system a few months and really can't knock it. Unfortunately though, my skin is still prone to the odd breakout, so I'm always on the lookout for something that can leave my with clear, spot-free skin.

I've seen reviews for Clinique's Anti-Blemish range floating around the blogging world and thought maybe it's time I gave this range a try! Here are my thoughts:

In order to get the best results I bought the cleanser, clearing gel and foundation. It's no use spending money on good skincare, to ruin it all with your makeup choices! The cleansing foam is lovely and refreshing to use, it leaves the skin feeling clean and residue free, with a visible reduction in oil and dirt. It smells nice and fresh, and doesn't create redness or blotches.
Despite the product feeling light, you still only need a small amount so the large bottle is great value for the price! I followed this step with my usual clarifying toner (I'm a bit of an advocate for toning) but this stage isn't necessary.

Next up comes the clearing gel. I absolutely LOVE this stuff. It's basically a 'spot-on' treatment which you apply directly to the broken out area and leave on. Despite being full of active ingredients this product doesn't sting upon application like some other treatments. In fact, despite being a gel, it's lovely and light and soaks into the skin relatively quickly. I found this dried up my spots quickly and I noticed a reduction in size and redness an hour or so after use.

As a rule Anti-Blemish products can be pretty drying so it's really important to moisturise. Clinique's standard moisturising gel is fantastic to use here as it's oil free, so doesn't ruin all your hard work controlling your skin!

Finally I used the foundation. Now my main struggle with foundations is getting a colour to match my skin. I'm very pale and often light shades of foundation come with an ugly pink hue. I found this foundation matched my skin perfectly however (shade Fresh Alabaster). Being more yellow toned it was pale, yet warming. This foundation is pretty fab for anyone prone to breakouts as it contains salicylic acid (a well known acne fighting ingredient). I also found it great for my oiliness as my skin stayed looking matte and mid afternoon shine wasn't a problem!


Overall I'm really happy with the results I'm getting from this set. The skincare is great for fighting oiliness and keeping breakouts at bay, and it's fantastic to find a foundation that not only looks great, but fights spots at the same time! I will definitely continue using this set and hugely recommend it to anyone with skin problems similar to my own. It's fantastic!  

No comments :

Post a Comment