Sunday 6 April 2014

A Trip to the Tea Rooms



Sundays are a lovely day to spend with family and today was no different. Me and Joe met up with his cousin and his little girl and popped along to Jamesons Tea Rooms on Abbeydale Road for a cuppa and a catch up.

I'm kind of terrible when it comes to exploring the city, I tend to stick to the centre and Eccy Road, just because it's easy I think. As it turns out though Jamesons is a bit of a hidden gem!

The interior is totally what I would expect from a tea room, bright and floral with a vintage theme.
There was a counter topped with the most tremendous looking cakes (too busy to get a photo, I tried I really did!). Classic wooden tables and chairs topped with patterned table cloths finished the room off and gave it a lovely homely feel.


I'm not a huge tea drinker to be honest, I tend to opt for coffee over anything, however today I was feeling a bit more like treating myself so went for a yummy hot chocolate. Joe opted for the Jamesons Exclusive Blend tea, and was greeted by a huge teapot, pot of hot water and a massive jug of milk. In the end I think he got about 7 cups out of it!

I've never really been one to 'get' the whole afternoon tea thing, but it was a nice treat to visit somewhere a bit different to our usual coffee shop or bar and the hot chocolate was lovely and creamy. Joe's tea was good too and the staff were very polite. We left quite happy!


After finishing our drinks we headed over to Joe's Nanans where we had a good old chatter and some yummy fish and chips. Such a nice way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


Its been a lovely, relaxed, family- orientated day.  

No comments :

Post a Comment