Friday 25 April 2014

My Everyday Makeup Favourites


My everyday makeup routine is one I've kind of fallen into over the last year or so. I love wearing makeup, and trying new looks, but it's always nice to have that familiar look to come back to.

When I love a product, I tend to stick to it and end up feeling lost without it; which is probably where my routine stemmed from. If I love something, I just have to use it everyday!
Here are my favourite products, that feature in my everyday makeup routine!

Clinique Anti Blemish Foundation (Fresh Alabaster)- Having posted about this product recently I won't go into too much detail about it. Generally I love this foundation. It's fantastically light, while still providing flawless coverage, and its active ingredient salicylic acid fights against blemishes and oiliness whilst you're wearing it! (I can't stress how good this is, seeming as most foundations contribute hugely to blemishes and spots, it's so good to have a foundation that actually fights them!) For pale skinned girls like myself, Fresh Alabaster, is pretty damn perfect, not too pink, but not too yellow either. I find it best to buff the foundation on to avoid streaks, and I find this is the best way to get a really flawless finish.

Rimmel London Eyebrow Pencil (Dark brown)- I love eyebrows. Seriously I do. If I were a cartoon character, I think I'd be a pair of walking eyebrows! I've been using Rimmel eyebrow pencils for years and have never really felt the need to try anything else. They're hard enough to get smooth, strong lines, but when brushed out, create a lovely, soft,natural effect. Perfect for creating a defined arch, with smooth, blended brows. I like to combine mine with a little eyeshadow to define the hairs, but the colour is otherwise perfect for a dark, chocolate brunette hair colour.

Mac Eyeshadow (Shroom)- I absolutely adore this eyeshadow. Its just the right level of shimmery without being too glittery, too gold or too dull. I use it to accentuate the corners of my eyes, sweep over the lid and to highlight the brow bone. It does wonders to open up the eye and blends fantastically with other colours.

Illamasqua eyeshadow (Obsidian)- I've always used a touch of black eyeshadow in my makeup routine. I love a smokey eye and this shadow is fab for creating light shadows, or black as ink drama. It can be a little difficult to blend smoothly but with the right brush and a bit of perseverance it blends really nicely. As well as using this product on my eyes, I like to use a light dusting of it on my eyebrows to accentuate the hairs (especially in the inner section) and create a more natural look. (I should add I've had this shadow about 2 years and there's still a ton left!).

Collection 2000 Fast Stroke Liquid Eyeliner (Black)- I've tried a ton of different liquid eyeliners over the years. From cheap to expensive ones, I've never found one I like better than this. I like a sponge applicator, as I find it easier to control and create a defined cat-eye with. The consistency is nice and thick, meaning flicks last all day without fading or smudging. It's also quick drying, meaning there's none of that annoying -standing with the eyes shut- halfway through your makeup routine! At only £2.99 a go, this product really is a bargain!

Rimmel Kohl Eyeliner (Black)- To be honest this is a pretty standard product. I only use this kind of eyeliner for the lower lash line, and sometime to create a dark inky look on the lid. This eyeliner smudges well and creates soft, smokey lines.

Avon Supershock Mascara- I tend to be a bit of an experimentalist with mascaras. I like to try new ones, forever in the search for something that will give me phenomenal lashes. I do really like this one though. It has a huge brush which is fab for catching all those little lashes in the corner of the eye. It doesn't flake off as the day progresses and gives the lashes lots of lovely volume. At around a fiver it's reasonably priced and last's a long time.

Avon Illuminating Pearls- Now I LOVE these. They're the perfect shade of pink, with the most gorgeous subtle shimmer in them. They're perfect for highlighting cheekbones and giving a gorgeous dewy finish. The pearls are a similar idea to bronzing pearls, but have a lovely rose pink colour to them. It takes quite a lot of product to build up colour, which is fab for creating plenty of shimmer, without looking like a clown! These cost around £8 but last around 8-10 months each time, which if you ask me is fantastic value. I've never found a blusher I like better than these, and will continue to use them for as long as I can. I can't recommend them enough!


That's it for my everyday makeup favourites. Do you have any products you couldn't live without? What are your favourites?  

No comments :

Post a Comment