Monday 28 April 2014

Pale Skinned Ladies! This One's For You!



You don't have to be an expert in the makeup world to know how much contouring can enhance your features and create beautifully highlighted and glowing skin.
Unfortunately, despite the relatively recent influx of paler foundations, when it comes to concealer, the beauty industry is still favouring the golden goddess over the lily skinned lovely.

I've always wanted to have a go at contouring. I have pretty defined cheekbones as it is, but there can never be too much definition right?! Ive tried over the past few months to create the perfect match of highlighting and shadowing, but due to the lack in pale enough colours, my face tends to end looking mucky and a bit orange. What a nightmare!

Despite feeling like throwing in the towel I decided to have a last shot at finding the right concealer and I'm so happy to say I think I have succeeded!

Collection 2000 has always been a favourite budget brand of mine. I've been a fan of their lipgloss for years and swear by their liquid eyeliner; but it's their Lasting Perfection concealer that has really stolen the show today.

A glossy liquid product the concealer comes in a variety of colours right down to it's pale as milk lightest shade. For anyone with truly pale skin (I'm talking Mac NC15 territory) the shade Fair is the perfect colour for highlighting and contouring on top of your foundation. (See my photograph below for a comparison in colour between NC15 and the Fair shade). It noticeably brightens the skin and provides a smooth glossy effect. When blended out, it creates a flawless finish with no unsightly streaks or lines. I found the coverage lasted all day, and kept me looking refreshed and awake right up until bedtime!


I am so so SO impressed with this product. Never before have I seen a concealer in such a perfect shade, and the quality of the makeup is just gorgeous. At just £4 a go, I can't stress enough how fantastic value this product is.

Use alongside your favourite bronzer to sculpt and contour your cheekbones, or pair with a rosy blusher for a pretty dewy, wide eyed effect!

For pale skinned girls, this is an absolute must buy!
 

No comments :

Post a Comment