Tuesday 22 April 2014

Home Sweet Home

Image source-http://thequestionable.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/jmbarclay.jpg


Home gadgets and home ware are my ultimate guilty pleasure. Mixers, waffle makers, airers, vacuums; you name it, I want it. I could spend hours upon hours and all my money trawling round Ikea, Lakeland and John Lewis. Pretty sad huh?!

Anyhow, with the end of Uni quickly approaching I'm feeling kind of excited by life, and all its humdrum goings on! Spring cleaning and re-decorating are high up on the to-do list along with becoming super organised and a whizz in the kitchen! (Or that's the general idea).

My first purchases will be..

A decent vacuum- Cat hair is the absolute bane of my life, and my poor little Tesco Value hoover just can't cope with it anymore. I always said I never wanted to be one of those people whose houses were covered in animal hair, and I'm living in serious fear right now that I might be turning into one of them!

A heated airer- I don't care how sad this is, I was amazed when I realised these even existed! What an amazing idea! Living in the city centre means we have zero outdoor space to hang our washing so I'm often faced with the choice of put the heating on, or end up with damp smelling clothes. These fab airers however cos about 3p an hour to run, and can dry your clothes as quick as a radiator. I can't wait to buy one!


A new mixer- I love my mixer. It belonged to my Grandma before it was passed on to me and we used to make tons of cakes together using it. However after finding out the 'dodgy plug' it had was actually really dangerous, I've kind of been forced to decide it might be time to move on. Who knows maybe KitchenAid will have a 90% off sale!


Crisp white bedding- Because is there really anything better in life than diving into a bed as soft and white as a cloud?!

Candles- I swore to myself months ago, I wasn't going to jump on the Yankee Candle bandwagon. I just couldn't see what made a candle so amazing.Well wasn't I wrong! I caved and bought a mini one in the sale a few weeks ago and am now a tiny but in love with them. They just smell so delicious! I can't wait to fill my house with them.


Will you be sprucing up your place this Summer? What are your plans?















No comments :

Post a Comment