Sunday 27 April 2014

A Sunday Morning Snuggle


I absolutely love having a cat. She's my first proper pet (minus Basil the evil rabbit and Arthur the monster fish), and I never really got the relationships people have with their pets, until we got her.
I'd never have thought it was possible to love an animal to this extent, but when she comes to greet me in the morning it really does brighten my day.  We took her in as a rescue cat, and at 13 years old, it feels good that we can give her a safe, loving environment for her to live out her retirement in.

I'm an absolute advocate for the adoption of older cats.  Kittens are adorable I know, and sometime families like to get pets from a baby so they can grow up with the family; but I think the relationship that can be built with an older animal is often hugely underestimated. Too many rescue homes are filled with cats whose owners have passed away, or couldn't keep them for whatever reason and I find it so sad that often those cats may have to wait months, or years until they find a home.  Older cats are not only as adorable and loving as kittens, but are a much easier option for those who are unexperienced with cat care, as most are toilet trained, know not to scratch things and generally well behaved!

If you're a cat lover like me, please consider giving a home to an older cat, and giving them a much needed second chance at life. Getting Susie was the best decision we ever made!
She's my little furry best friend!










No comments :

Post a Comment