Friday 28 March 2014

Clinique 3 Step System

I'm a self confessed skincare addict. I've tried hundreds of lotions and potions (often with not much success) in the hope that something can sort out my skin. Oily, yet sensitive, skin is a nightmare, trust me!

A few weeks back, in the midst of a skin crisis, I decided to give Clinique a try. This wasn't a decision I had planned in all honesty, it was more I'm in Boots, I'm desperate, I'll try anything!
Fortunately, my decision turned out to be a pretty damn good one!

Clinique's 3 step system is pretty famous, and I know a lot of people who had tried it in the past and loved it. I was excited to give it a try. 



In order to get the most out of this product, you really do need to use the full system, which includes liquid soap, clarifying lotion and moisturiser. The set comes in 4 different variations tailored to your skin type (dry, normal, combination and oily), I went for number 4 (oily).

The soap itself is ever so light and creates a lovely moisturising lather - be warned though it isn't much good at removing your makeup, so I recommend giving your face a good scrub first.
It did leave my face lovely and clean however, without it feeling overly dry (which isn't common in skincare designed for oily skin!).

The clarifying lotion is what really makes this product stand out to me. Just a small amount on a cotton wool pad, left my face feeling dirt and oil free, and exfoliated away dead skin cells, leaving a lovely smooth finish. (This product did smell pretty horrible, and gave a tingling sensation that some people might not be keen on, but for me the results were worth it!)

Finally we reach the moisturising stage. Dependent on your skin type, you're given the choice of a moisturising lotion (for dry skin types), or an oil free moisturising gel (combination and oily). The gel, I found, was fantastic at restoring all the moisture lost throughout the cleansing process, without giving that heavy, greasy feel that is so common with higher end moisturisers. It left my skin feeling velvety smooth and matte, which for someone with oily skin, was a complete blessing!

I absolutely love this set and would recommend it for anyone looking to give their skin a makeover. It managed to tame my oily skin after just the first use, and every day I am seeing improvements!
Very happy with this choice!


No comments :

Post a Comment